Friday, 31 December 2010

Looking back, looking forward

Well it's been an interesting year. I was a bad boy (see last post) but things turned out OK, and I think my relationship with the bf has strengthened. I made a good new friend and have enjoyed some great cocktail nights with him. I spent an unexpected week in hospital which was grim.

What else? Work has been pretty consistent. It's mostly been enjoyable actually. I had my contract extended so have got security all through next year. Been away to a couple of nice places on holiday, though the hospital trip screwed up the main one :-(

So some resolutions for next year, in no particular order:

1) Run more. I did pretty well this year but tailed off towards the end. I do feel better when running and it helps with stress too. Plus now I'm approaching mid-30s that little belly I've developed ain't gonna get any smaller.

2) Chill out. Recognise that my life is actually pretty sweet and don't get stressed about stuff and competitive about moving on in my career. So what if my brother earns more than I do? I have more than enough. I earned more in my last job but it was really stressful, so why would I want that back?

3) Keep blogging. I've only just started but really enjoy it. I would really like people to read and comment but actually it's beneficial for me to write this even if no one reads it. Try not to get too anal about checking the web stats either!

4) Get fucked. OK that's rather crude, but I think it's time. More generally, be more honest about what I want with sex and try some new stuff. It starts with me - no one else can make it happen.

That's all I can think of for now - I may come back and edit if I think of anything else.

Have a good New Year's Eve whatever you're doing - I'm still getting over a cough so an evening packed in a bar doesn't really appeal (not that it ever did really). Watching a film with the bf with a glass of Champagne is the plan - what a wild life I lead...

1 comment:

  1. Good resolutions :-) and all achievable which is the main thing. I will blog mine tomorrow

    ReplyDelete