Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Wedding week *gulp*

So it's finally here. I'm getting married on Saturday. I think everything is sorted - last job was ordering the flowers yesterday. We left it quite late but then we didn't want anything too fancy. We went for one massive bunch of pale blue hydrangeas.

Pale blue is the theme I guess. We have an aquamarine in our rings and a matching handkerchief for our top pockets. I also have a pale blue pinstripe on my suit.

I'm feeling quite nervous now. It's because I know it's on the horizon and there's nothing I can do about it. I hope nerves don't spoil the day. I reckon once the ceremony is over and we're drinking and dancing with our friends we'll be fine.

What else is new? We decided to hold off doing anything about the house we wanted to buy until after the wedding. Too many things to deal with at once. If it's still there when we get back from honeymoon we'll think again. I think we might just stay where we are though.

I might be applying for a job this week. Again the timing is not ideal but the deadline closes while I'm away. It's a promotion but staying within the same organisation as now. Can't remember if I said but work really pissed me off by creating a role between me and my boss and telling me I couldn't apply for it. Way to motivate me!

I had my last therapy session before the wedding on Thursday. I think it's going well as I'm really beginning to question things. It's great at unpicking your reasoning behind something. For example I'm pretty anal about lots of things - they have to be done by me and done my way. But the therapist made me realise that actually I had never let anything I was trying to control go wrong so how would I know I needed to do them that way? I'm going to stick with it when get back because it's the only way of dealing with this stuff long term.

Anyway wish me luck for the wedding! I'll try to blog before we go on the honeymoon but no blogging or tweeting while we're away or I'll be in big trouble...

4 comments:

  1. Good luck and have an awesome time! I'm so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, TFI

    Best of luck for the wedding, and for a long and happy life together! I hope you have a great day.

    Best of luck also with the job application, if you decide to go for it. I can certainly understand why you're feeling annoyed by what work have done.

    I'm glad to hear the therapy sessions are working for you - the change to your way of thinking seems to be constructive. Similarly the "mindful life" approach: I might disagree with some of the detail, but the basic ideas are good, I think.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fantastic day, make it everything HE wants and simply place your entire focus on the man you're marrying. Let everyone else worry about stuff and absolutely DON"T FUSS!

    I know exactly what you mean about being nervous about the ceremony - I was just he same! The family and friends cum housewarming party the next day was so simple in comparison: I just drank champagne all day and spent as much time as I could on Pete's arm! Simple!

    Have a really great time - BOTH OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words guys. I'll try to blog afterwards before we go away and let you know how it went

    ReplyDelete