Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Too cool for school

According to the Evening Standard I am on "East London's coolest street". As Shoreditch is still the coolest part of town I guess that makes me in the coolest part of the coolest city in the world. How cool do I feel?

Meh I had a nice wander anyway and bought some clothes. They must be cool right? Judging by the shops here Breton tops are big this year.

Anyway I'm off work for a couple of days because today we went to see the registrar about our civil partnership. That means *drumroll* it's official now. The date has been set and we've given notice.

Then we went to see the venue for the reception too. It's a really lovely room and the perfect size. They just need to come up with some more vegetarian options. And we went to have another look at the rings too. Still not quite decided but getting closer.

What else has been going on? Still trying to lose weight to fit into my dress lol. I'm doing regular ab exercises now before I go running. It's quite tough but I'm getting better.

I've also cut out biscuits completely, and given up chocolate for lent. That last one is gonna be tough. I will really miss Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs. Hopefully they'll taste even better at Easter :/

Things are pretty good at the moment though actually. I'm feeling happy :-) Thanks for the support on the post about my previous breakdown. I will post the second part soon.

2 comments:

  1. Many congratulations to you both for 'giving notice'!

    Will you be doing what we didn't and go and see the publication on a notice board somewhere near you? Ours was, perhaps sensitively for meeker souls, in a different town from either the one we live in and from the one where the Registrar is!

    So you did decide on rings in the end! I hope that after the Big Day you'll try to get a piccy on the blog here so's we can all get big eyes!

    Congrats again - and just, well, keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Micky. Not planning on going to see the notice. Not even sure where it will be published to be honest.

    Yes we're getting there with rings. Narrowed it down to a couple of options! Will deffo post pics (once I've figured out how to do it)

    ReplyDelete