Thursday, 2 June 2011

Back to work blues

So the holiday's over :-( Been back to work for nearly two weeks now. It really was tough as the holiday was so fabulous. It made such a difference staying somewhere luxurious. My campaign to get bf to spend more must finally be working!

Our room was literally about 20 metres from the sea so we could hear the waves in our room :-) We spent three days just in the hotel lazing on the beach and by the pool. The other days we explored the old town and one day we hired a car to go to the north of the island.

Back to work with a bump though as I've been sick for a couple of weeks. Last week I started to lose my voice and have a sore throat. Then over the weekend it developed into a horrible bunged up cold. Shame it was the bank holiday weekend, though fortunately the weather wasn't great so I didn't miss out too much.

Then this week came part three of the illness. It's transformed into one of those horrible tickly coughs where you just cough and cough until you're sick. I'm sleeping on the sofa so bf can sleep properly at night. What a good boyfriend I am *polishes halo*

I went to the chemist yesterday to get something for the cough. I selected some nice tasting honey stuff but I asked him if he had anything stronger. He reached behind the counter and got me this other medicine. It's in an old fashioned packet like it's from a Victorian apothecary! I was waiting for him to theatrically blow the dust off lol.

He said it tasted like diesel but it would do the job. He was right. It's fucking vile. But it does seem to be working. Fingers crossed as I've got a busy weekend planned.

On Tuesday, in the interlude between the cold going and the cough starting, we went to see the venue for our wedding reception and meet the manager. It went really well and I'm confident they're going to do a great job for us. It should be nice and informal too.

We start with fizz (flavoured with either elderflower and lemongrass or apple and rhubarb, which I think is a nice unusual touch), then canapés, then a vegetarian buffet and wine followed by cocktails. I'm still working on persuading bf about a chocolate fountain too, though maybe it's over the top! Still, it's a wedding right?

Right I'd better go and cough some more...

1 comment:

  1. Hey but Glad you enjoyed the holiday.Pity about the cough I had a cough like that not long ago but I only needed dry bread to shift it ( Pubic hair is murder ha ha )Wedding plans sound good yea Chocolate fountain sounds the business. And Cheers for the nice comment on my blog very much appreciated
    Dave x

    ReplyDelete