Thursday, 24 November 2011

I did it!

Found out this afternoon that I got the job I interviewed for. I'm still in shock. I'm really pleased though. It's a great opportunity and the time is ripe for a change.

I couldn't really tell anyone because my colleague doesn't know yet that she didn't get it. They want me to accept first before they tell the unsuccessful candidates.

It's tinged with some sadness though. I feel bad for my colleague who didn't get it. Ultimately I believe I will do a better job than her. But she's going through a tough time at the moment as it is.

And then there's my boss too. She's very stressed at the moment and now she has to cope with this too. I really worry about her.

I know I should think about myself but I can't help it! I'll be celebrating this weekend. I started tonight by getting some profiteroles for dinner nomnomnom.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, TFI

    Congratulations!

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great you got the job,congratulations.
    WTF are Profiteroles? I did Google them and they look just like chocolate eclairs,maybe smaller.
    Have fun celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Yep they're profiteroles - little chocolate eclairs

    ReplyDelete