Monday, 21 November 2011

Imprisoned by the cat

I could really do with getting on but the cat has sat on me so I feel bad about moving him. He's keeping me nice and warm though. Say hi to Oscar!

Fortunately I have my interview notes by my side so I'm reviewing those.

Had a yummy dinner today. So basic but a really good warming winter dish. Basically boil some potatoes and cut them into small pieces - like an inch or inch and a half across. Fill a roasting dish with a can of baked beans. Arrange the potatoes on top then sprinkle over lots of grated cheese. Cook in the oven at 200C for 20 minutes or so. Et voila!

7 comments:

  1. Your dinner does sound yummy,I will have to try that.What kind of cheese ? Good luck on your interview Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so filling too. Just use strong cheddar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look it up 200C = 392F Cheddar sounds good.Beanz-Meanz-Heinz ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course. One 400g tin. 200g grated cheese. Enough potatoes to fill the bottom of the dish - around 400g. Should be plenty for two. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually add a dash of Worchester sauce when I have my Beanz on Toast, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it sounds as a simple dish but nice :) and it was nice post as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Worcester Sauce might be good *makes mental note for next time*

    Would have to be the vegetarian one though as normal Worcester Sauce has anchovies in it

    ReplyDelete