There was one annoying bit. I was asked to prepare a five minute presentation. They said at the start of the interview they would be strict on time. But they called time when I was only three quarters through. I really think they got their timings wrong - the guy doing it was only using the second hand of a watch. It threw me a bit but they let me summarise the last quarter.
Thing is I'd practiced the presentation and there's no way it wasn't five minutes. I even cut out a bit of preamble to make sure. I feel like I've been short-changed. And they might judge me because I couldn't stick to time. It just bugs me.
Thing is would it make me look petty if I mentioned it? I can only mention things like that before they notify us of the decision. Hmmmm.
They said they'd tell us by the end of the week. I'd find it really hard if my colleague got it and not me. If it was one of the other two candidates I don't know that's fine.
Had a rubbish journey home - it's taken me twice as long because the Tube I normally take was delayed and the one I took instead has been really slow too. Grrrrr.
I think I want to do nothing tonight and just veg in front of the TV.
David
They probably cut you short because they had already decided you were the man.
ReplyDeleteBF said your recipe was a keeper.
Thanksgiving tomorrow,14 for dinner.
Bye for now